Developments in Developments
East Boro supports people by developing and investing in homes and communities across Dorset. Below are some of our current developments in progress:
- Old Quarry Close, Worth Matravers. Development continues apace. It is anticipated that completion of this general needs village scheme will be in March 2020. There will be 2 bungalows and 3 houses to rent and 1 bungalow and 3 houses for low cost sale (75% of market value). Marketing of the sale properties is underway with interest so far shown by over 10 local families.
- Former Grove School Site, School Lane, Dorchester. Development of 6 new homes for people with learning disabilities. Cooke Construction Ltd are making good progress and the scheme is due for completion early 2020. There will be 3 x two-bedroom bungalows and 3 x one-bedroom houses - the latter in the former 19th century school building. Regular meetings are being held with Dorset Council to identify tenants. We are also looking at innovative assistive technology for this scheme which was partly funded by the Department of Health Housing & Technology fund.
- Ringwood Road, Poole. The development of this one bedroom bungalow has just been completed and we are awaiting a nomination from BCP Council.
- Dorchester Road, Weymouth. The remodelling of this former shared house into 5 x one bedroom flats continues. The work is being carried out largely by our own staff. It is planned to complete the work by Spring 2020.
- Coburg Court, Dorchester. The purchase of four houses and a maisonette from the NHS was completed in April 2019. Since then 2 x four bedroom houses have been let to local families. The remainder of the scheme is in the process of being converted to 7 x one bedroom flats for people with learning disabilities. We hope to be on site early 2020.
The Development Team continues to work closely with Kevin Hodder, East Boro's Chief Executive, on a range of other sites at locations ranging from Bridport and Weymouth to Corfe Mullen and Furzehill.
Date Posted: Tuesday 8th October 2019 @ 12:12